Asbestos Roof Removal - We can help to remove your asbestos roof
30 Years Experience
Asbestos Roof Removal
Asbestos was commonly used in Sydney roof materials up until as late as the min 1980's and many outhouses, sheds, old industrial buildings and some houses have corrugated asbestos sheeting as well as other fibrous materials.
Because the roofing materials have been exposed to the elements for decades quite often the products start to break down which can result in extremely dangerous particles and fibres being released into the air.
Why an Asbestos Roof Can Be a Danger to Your Health
Roofs are designed to protect us from the outside elements, like rain, wind, and sun. But what if your roof was made from a material that could harm your health? That's the case for many older buildings with asbestos roofs. Let's look into why an asbestos roof can be dangerous and why it's essential to be informed.
What is Asbestos?
First, let's understand what asbestos is. Asbestos is a natural mineral. Its fibres are strong, resist heat, and don't conduct electricity, which made it a popular choice for many construction materials in the past, including roofing.
How Asbestos Can Harm Health
For many years, asbestos was seen as a wonder material. But over time, studies showed that when asbestos fibres are inhaled, they can cause severe health issues. Here’s why:
- Small but Harmful: Asbestos fibres are tiny. They can easily get into the air, especially when materials containing them are damaged or wear out. Once in the air, they can be inhaled into our lungs.
- Stays in the Body: Once inside the lungs, asbestos fibres can stay there for a very long time. Over time, these fibres can damage lung tissues and lead to diseases.
- Health Problems: Breathing in asbestos can lead to diseases like asbestosis (lung scarring), lung cancer, and a cancer called mesothelioma that affects the lining of the lungs and abdomen.
Why an Asbestos Roof is of Concern And Needs Removal
You might wonder, if the asbestos is in the roof, how can it get into the air we breathe? Here's how an asbestos roof can be a concern:
- Aging and Wear: Over time, weather elements can wear down the roof. As it ages, the asbestos roof can release fibres into the air.
- Breaks and Damage: If the roof gets damaged, maybe due to a fallen tree branch or repair work, it can disturb the asbestos and release fibers.
- Improper Removal: If someone tries to remove an asbestos roof without the right knowledge or precautions, it can send a large amount of asbestos fibers into the surrounding air.
Asbestos Roof Removal and Health Issues
The danger with asbestos comes from breathing it in. So, if fibres from the roof get into the air we breathe, it becomes a health concern.
What to Do If You Have an Asbestos Roof
If you suspect your roof might be made of asbestos or asbestos products, consider the following steps:
- Don’t Disturb: Avoid doing anything that might damage or disturb the roof, like drilling or hammering.
- Consult Experts: Talk to professionals who know about asbestos. They can check your roof and give advice on how to manage or replace it safely.
- Stay Informed: Learn more about asbestos and its risks. The more you know, the better decisions you can make for your safety.
Seek Advice Before Removing Your Roof- Asbestos Can Be Deadly
While the idea of having a harmful substance in our roof can be scary, being aware and cautious is the key. If you suspect an asbestos roof, seeking expert advice and taking proper precautions can protect your health. Knowledge and careful action can ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone.
Think of Your Health Before You Remove Anything
Remember, your health and safety come first. Always prioritise them, especially when dealing with potential risks in your surroundings.
Roof Removal And Roof Replacement Costs
The cost of removing your asbestos roof will vary depending on the size of the roof, the condition of the asbestos in the roof and whether you require roof replacement. Here at NSWAR we will give you an honest quote in terms of what you will be up for with your roof restoration and the time it will take to remove your asbestos roof and provide a replacement.
Asbestos Needs To Be Addresses By Professionals
Here at NSW asbestos removal in Silverwater Sydney we understand the complications involved in removing an asbestos roof and we are fully qualified to remove the roof in a safe and efficient way. Our team of professionals will ensure that both you and your neighbors are kept same from any dangerous fibres and if needed we can also provide you with a new roof.
NSWAR have been involved in the removal of contaminated building products for more than 30 years. We service the entire Sydney region and will also dispose of the roof tiles and sheeting that we remove.